Friday, August 1, 2014

Sandy Cheeks

This is the life right here, going to the beach every day is truly heaven. It's a tradition every summer;  Chad's family and their good friends the Johnsons rent a beach house for two weeks in Newport. They started when their kids were just babies so if you add up all the years, that is a lot of weeks at the beach. I have been able to come a few times back in high school, but this year I was officially "part of the family" and I was thrilled to fill that place. 
I don't know what it is about the sun, sand, and the sound of waves crashing against the beach but it just brings out the happiest version of myself. Maybe it's my true California pride that escapes after being in Idaho at school. Or maybe it's just vitamin D, who knows, but either way. 
Not only was I at my favorite place in the entire world, but the people I was with made the trip that much better. It really is so nice to be marrying into a family who you have known for years.


 Let's be honest, I will probably start counting the days until next years trip before this one even ends. And in the mean time I will dream about daily bike rides, triple decker PB&J's, breath taking sunsets, rolling out of bed into a swimsuit, playing paddle ball for hours on end, and quality time with people I love at the place I love most. 


No comments:

Post a Comment