Christmas and New Years have come and gone and I feel like I didn't even blink. This Holiday season was filled with family, food, friends, skiing, more food, movies, games, pictures, shopping, and a wonderful trip to the Sacramento LDS temple. It was so fun to be home and enjoy doing things we love with the people we love most.
As I look back on this year I can't believe how much we have done and how much we have grown. I can only speak for myself when I say, I have done A LOT of growing.
Setting goals has always been kind of daunting because I feel like I make them....and that's about as far as I get. This year as part of my goals, I plan to look at them often so I can be constantly reminded of the ways I am trying to grow and improve.
1. Type and print out my goals and put them in a place where I can see them...so I actually accomplish them.
2. Be more patient with the people I love: think before reacting
3. Find a hobby/further develop the things I enjoy so they become a hobby: sewing, photography, blogging
4. Run a half marathon in under two hours. I ran one on Thanksgiving and got 2:05, I was so close but yet so far!
5. Read my scriptures every day. I am the worst scripture reader so it's only up from where I am at.
6. For every one negative thing I say I have to say two positive things: regarding people, situations etc.
7. Pass the Praxis test: If I can pass it will be a whole new world for the Hilburn family!
8. Find joy in the little things: I get so stuck in things I "have to do" instead of remembering I get to choose what I do every day and how I respond to situations
9. Be more service oriented: Look for ways every day to go outside myself and serve others. Even something little like holding the door open can change someones day
10. Be the best version of myself: I find that I compare myself often to people around me (especially on social media) I want to be the best version of myself instead of the best version of "so and so"
I am so excited for this new year. A new start brings new perspective, desires, faith, experiences, growth, love, and dreams. I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for us.
And as always, I hope this year we can always find ways to be...