Thursday, December 10, 2015

Better Days to Come

Joy is such a simple word yet I have found it hard to comprehend lately. For one, if you turn on the news...joy flies straight out the window. If you were to look outside my window at the grey cold sky...not so joyful. If I compare my weakness to others strengths...no joy.
 If I compare my trials to others successes...ZERO joy. 
For the last year I have been working towards something and it has been a lot harder than I anticipated. It has been emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausting. Day after day it hangs over my head, and I feel like I will never see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
Until yesterday, after some serious tears, and long conversations, I found some light.
I am finally in a place where I can move forward. I let go of my stubbornness (at least for now) and can start moving in a positive direction. I have been so focused on changing my situation instead of accepting it, learning from it, and making the best of it. 
As Chad would say, I've been storing a lot of lemons and it's about time I start making some lemonade. It has been a humbling experience, and I have learned a lot. It may have been self inflicted sorrow, but I am so thankful for the joy that comes after a challenging situation. 
With this new perspective I hope I can find ways to be...

Positively Contagious 

No comments:

Post a Comment