Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Forever Young

You always hear people say "O to be young again". And I never thought that day would come when I would say that, especially at 22. Let me tell you this last birthday was quite the downer. Not my birthday itself as It was the weekend of my best friends wedding, but in the sense that I was t-w-e-n-t-y-t-w-o.
I know Taylor Swift has a joy in feeling twenty-two, but frankly I like the sound of twenty-one a whole lot better. As a matter of fact I actually liked twenty and was fine staying that age for…well ever. I have come to the conclusion that age doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. You may look like you are getting older, and your body may start to feel it  (that's more for the older folks…don't hate me).
But I think I have found the cure for staying young forever…FRIENDS.
And the friends I  am referring to are not just the common Facebook acquaintance. Lately, it seems friends are desired in quantity not quality.  Im talking about the friends who have your back no matter what. The ones who love you for who you are. The ones that listen, and truly care about you. The ones you call when something exciting happens. The ones who know you better then you know yourself. Those friends are the ones that help keep you young forever. And when the roles are reversed you would do the same, if not more for them.
I really don't know where I would be without these friends of mine. Sometimes I burst out in laughter (yes it can be embarrassing) just thinking about some of the things we did. The occasional kitchen flour fights, music video making, hand stand contests in the hallway, eating muddie buddies until we were sick, corn dog eating, you name it, we did it. And some of my greatest memories are when we wouldn't do anything at all,  except sit around the kitchen table and talk.  Sometimes we weren't as smart as we should have been, none the less we had a blast and I wouldn't trade those moments for anything! 
I think anyone can attest that when ever you are with friends, it's almost as if time never existed. No matter what your actual age, you are young again. The stress of reality diminishes, you eat your worries away, and laugh until your abbs hurt. Although these moments seem to be happening less frequently as my friends get married, the times we do have are the absolute best!
So I think it's safe to say that we can be as young as we wish. With those friends by our sides we can escape back to any year we want. But preferably not the awkward Junior High years (we all had them).
It really isn't the number of years that define your life but the memories created in our life time.

And during those years we have plenty of time to be…..

Positively Contagious 






No comments:

Post a Comment