Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Burg

After a week at my new job I finally feel like I have a job that I enjoy. It has been quite some time where I can leave at the end of the day and feel like I have accomplished something. Not going to lie, the first day I thought I was crazy and didn't know what I had just gotten myself into. By the end of the week I felt like I knew what I was doing, and felt like I was even making progress with the kids I work with. 
I thought after I graduated that I should go some where, do something out of the ordinary, and above all not have to be in Rexburg anymore. I have spent four years here, and as much as I love it, I thought a change of scenery would be nice. But this week I had a change of perspective. Even though Chad has three more years of school....which means three more years of Rexburg....I'm now actually excited. That means more time to stay in a little bubble of not complete reality. That means lower rent in comparison to the rest of the country, less gas to pay since we live in such a small town, weekend trips to Idaho falls, we are close to family in Utah, and best of all we get a summer (thanks to my schedule and Chad's school schedule). 
That truly was the biggest blessing. I have learned that after about three months of what ever I am doing I hit a point where I just need a break, and thanks to a little miracle we both get a whole summer until Chad is done with school.  

Rexburg, you aren't half bad! Sorry if I always rag on you and make fun of you, you really do have a little piece of my heart. 
And more then anything I hope while we stay here we can find some ways to be...

Positively Contagious 


No comments:

Post a Comment